Lab Technician - Pharma
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Lab Technician to join the R&D team of a Newcastle based Pharmaceutical CDMO on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody just leaving University of College to take their first step into the North East’s thriving Pharmaceutical industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regular equipment monitoring, calibration and maintenance
- Managing laboratory glassware supplies and repair
- Managing and ordering consumable chemical supplies
- Carrying out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Packaging of chemist’s laboratory samples
- Chemical storage area management and maintenance
- Hazardous laboratory waste collection and management
- Performing weekly safety checks
- Logging and SAP entry of maintenance repair requests
- Other general laboratory support duties as assigned
Candidates should have the following:
- Ideally an HND or BSc degree in a science subject
- Ideally some experience of working within a laboratory environment.
- Be IT literate
- Good verbal communications skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV ASAP and for further information contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners directly.