Biotechnology Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary £23,000 annually + excellent benefits
£23,000 annually + excellent benefits
Based in Cambridgeshire
Do you have a scientific background with hands on laboratory experience?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical research organisation with a strong pipeline of clinical and laboratory projects?
My client are a leading clinical and laboratory service provider, specialising in a range of therapeutic areas and with the patient at the heart of their research. Using their specialist clinical trial platform, they play a key role in drug and vaccine development and are currently experiencing an impressive period of growth so are investing heavily in their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities in the UK. As a result, they are looking to expand their laboratory team, through bringing on board a Laboratory Assistant to their lab in Cambridgeshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading clinical research organisation within a team of knowledgeable and motivated scientists driving forward the testing of infectious and respiratory disease products in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Assistant will include;
- Receipt, processing and storage of clinical samples in a timely manner and in line with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Oversee and document the transportation of patient samples in line with GCP and tight logistic regulations.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) / Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Complete associated laboratory documentation, including lab books and GCP records.
- Assist with the production of Clinical Trial Kits.
- Support laboratory housekeeping activities including reagent monitoring and equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Undertake laboratory training e.g., Health and Safety and GCP.
- Work effectively in the Cambridgeshire team, ensuring efficient communication within the wider organisation including London based laboratory and clinical teams.
To be considered for this Laboratory Assistant vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc in a Scientific discipline e.g., Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology etc. or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable experience working within a laboratory environment (academic or industry).
- Experience of working collaboratively in a small team, whilst also being self-motivated when working independently.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature to support relationship building within the broader team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or GxP would be beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful Pharmaceutical Research Organisation.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners on 07851 246846 or on [email protected]