Laboratory Device Scientist
Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
CY Partners have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Device Scientist to join a leading global pharmaceutical organisation based in Hertfordshire.
As a Laboratory Device Scientist you will be part of the Device Engineering group. This group is an in-house design and development group charged with the development of drug delivery platforms to support the effective delivery of novel pharmaceuticals. The group comprises a multi-disciplinary group of skills – Industrial Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Computer Aided Design, Mechanical Engineering, Assembly Design, Packaging Design etc. – who develop novel concepts to establish clinical manufacturing/assembly capability with the objective of establishing a design suitable for high volume commercial supply.
As a Laboratory Device Scientist you will have the responsibility for testing devices/ combination products to ensure critical quality attributes are achieved and can be maintained through commercial scale-up. You also be responsible for executing design verification and QbD studies, ensuring that data is generated to standards appropriate for regulatory submission. As well as carrying out practical experiments, you will be expected to contribute to experimental design, working with appropriate experts such as engineering and statistical scientists to ensure studies are controlled and powered appropriately to meet targets.
This role would be ideal for candidates with a background in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, physics or related degree/ experience of laboratory testing in a GxP environment.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Writing, planing and executing design verification and QBD testing programmes
- Work collaboratively with design and project teams across R&D and manufacturing to devise testing strategies which enhance product understanding
- Contribute to design risk assessments
- Effective written and verbal communication of experimental findings and recommendations
- Technical understanding to support compilation of regulatory files
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Technical protocol and report writing
- Working to industry expectations for data integrity within a GxP environment
- Problem solving, particularly within a laboratory environment
- Excellent presentation/communication skills – comfortable in communicating concepts and conclusions of experiments to technical experts and stakeholders
- Strong time management/organisational skills
- Performance driven, driving for results and success with a sense of urgency
- Evidence of team working skills and flexibility
- Ability to work individually, as a team member or leading a small team to coordinate testing programmes
For a confidential chat about the role, contact us on 0191 477 4733 or email your CV across to [email protected]