Laboratory Director - Clinical Trials
CY Partners are working with a global leader in clinical trial testing services to help recruit a Laboratory Director for their rapidly expanding business, based in York. The successful Laboratory Director will be a critical member of the Senior Leadership Team and will be responsible for ensuring high-quality clinical trial testing to meet the needs of patients and clients.
- Direct and supervise technical performance of staff
- Provide effective and efficient administrative direction of the laboratory, including budget planning
- Provide oversight and leadership while ensuring high-quality patient testing for clinical trials
- Ensure laboratory compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and guidelines
- Ensure the implementation of a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good practice and applicable regulations
- Oversee all aspects of the laboratory’s quality management program
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring staff to assess competency, and whenever necessary, provide remedial training or continuing education to improve skills
- Work closely with / oversee the development of new testing methods for the laboratory
- Ensure that the performance specifications for new tests, instruments, and methods introduced to the laboratory have been properly validated or verified prior to being used for clinical trial testing
- Ensure that proficiency testing, alternative assessment, and QC procedures are sufficient for the extent of testing performed in the laboratory
The successful Laboratory Director will meet the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences
- Several years’ experience in clinical trials is a must
- Experience supervising a lab
- Experience in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Experience in quality improvement implementation
This is a new position that has come about due to the expansion of the company.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this role, apply now or contact Charlotte McLaughlin at CY Partners for more information.
07851246841 / [email protected]