Biotechnology Chemical Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location Paris, France
Salary Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Based in Paris
Do you have experience managing a laboratory?
Would you like to work for a company developing the next generation of cutting edge diagnostics?
My client is a biotechnology company located in Paris, France, undertaking development of their novel instrument platform for the analysis of DNA and RNA. Due to extensive funding and their continued company growth, they are looking to hire a Laboratory Manager to ensure the ongoing and efficient oversight of laboratory operations. This is a great opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team and take an important role in the development of a cutting-edge technology.
This role requires you to be well organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will be part of a highly collaborative and multidiscipline team working on the commercialisation of an innovative new molecular diagnostic technology. You will be responsible for managing the laboratories to ensure that all lab operations run smoothly by maintaining sufficient stock of consumables, regular update of the databases, preparing the purchasing orders, receiving the merchandise and finally, put in place and maintain a laboratory inventory management system (LIMS).
Key responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager will include;
- Maintain adequate reagents, inventory and supplies and ensure proper utilization of consumables with minimum waste.
- Ensure calibration and validation of equipment is undertaken where required.
- Manage the registration, processing and disposal of samples.
- Oversee the completion of security documents (SDS files on paper and electronically).
- Be the contact person for various suppliers and ensuring the best pricing by requesting quotes
- Coordinate equipment acquisition and/or maintenance requirements
Essential qualifications & experience for the Laboratory Manager;
- BST or bachelor’s degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or a related field
- Previous experience of efficient running and management of a laboratory
- Experience using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Access,
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross-functional, and fast paced environments.
- Any experience in NGS, molecular diagnostics or epigenetics would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Technician or Laboratory Manager to take a pivotal role in a company developing cutting edge technology.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 07851 246846