Laboratory Production Technician
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £18,000 - £22,000
As part of their expansion plan, our client a biotechnology organisation is looking to appoint a Production Technician, this is a fantastic position and provides a unique opportunity for the right individual to develop with the business.
Reporting to the Production Manager the Production Technician offers an ideal opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in a fast-moving, laboratory-based production environment where the right individual will have plenty of scope for progression through the company.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
All aspects of production from wax block embedding and microtomy to labelling and packaging of end product. Where required, training will be provided to ensure appropriate histology skills are developed to generate high-quality product.
Inventory management of product lines and consumables to maintain minimum levels and ensure correct reporting of stock levels
Monitoring of production equipment to ensure it is operating effectively and validated appropriately
Working with distribution to ensure product is available for incoming orders
Equipment validation and verification
Incoming quality control of consumables and reagents
- A degree or equivalent in a life sciences subject is desirable but not essential.
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated to complete required tasks and maintain focus
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills in an evolving laboratory production environment
- Ability to function as an integral member of a team
In addition to the attractive salary packages, our client offers generous holiday allowances, and a benefits package.
- The FTE is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours are 9 to 5.
- Holiday allowance is 25 days paid leave a year
- Starting annual salary is dependant on experience.
- Pension is 3% contribution from the employer and 5% from the employee.
- There is an annual bonus subject to company performance.
- Position starting date is as soon as reasonably possible and subject to successful references.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV and a cover letter today by clicking on the Apply button below and we will get back to you as soon as.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency