Biotechnology Life Sciences
Salary £11 per hour
Temporary positions, shift based
Paying £11 p/hour
Based in Central London
Do you have a scientific background with hands on laboratory experience?
Would you like to work for a leading London based clinical research organisation with a strong pipeline of clinical and laboratory projects?
My client are a leading clinical and laboratory service provider, specialising in a range of therapeutic areas and with the patient at the heart of their research. Using their specialist clinical trial platform, they play a key role in drug and vaccine development and are currently experiencing an impressive period of growth so are investing heavily in their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities in Central London. As a result, they are looking to expand their laboratory team, through bringing on board a number of Laboratory Technicians.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading clinical research organisation within a team of knowledgeable and motivated scientists driving forward the testing of infectious and respiratory disease products in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician will include;
- Receipt, processing and storage of clinical samples in a timely manner and in line with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) / Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Complete associated laboratory documentation, including lab books and GCP records.
- Support laboratory housekeeping activities including reagent monitoring and equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Conduct further sample analysis using specialist molecular and cellular assays as required.
- Undertake laboratory training and technical upskilling.
- Work effectively in the laboratory team, ensuring efficient communication within the wider organisation including clinical teams.
To be considered for this Laboratory Technician vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc in a Scientific discipline e.g., Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology etc. or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable experience working within a laboratory environment (academic or industry).
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or GxP.
- Experience of working collaboratively, whilst also being self-motivated when working independently.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature to support relationship building within the broader team.
- Experience working within a regulated laboratory e.g., GxP, GCP, GCLP is beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading research organisation in London.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 07851 246846.