Laboratory Technician - Entry Level
Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
We are delighted to be supporting an expanding pharmaceutical organisation in Tyne & Wear in their search for Chemistry Lab Technicians. Due to continued high demand for their services and to meet growth plans, positions are available for enthusiastic and talented individuals who have a passion for Chemistry and progressing their career in the pharmaceutical sector.
As a member of the Chemistry team, you will be based in their state of the art laboratories on a full-time, permanent basis.
The purpose of the Chemistry Lab Technician is to assist the Chemist to carry out experimental work in the laboratory area using both standard laboratory equipment and equipment up to 50L scale. Other responsibilities include:
- Assist with the cleaning of equipment and sanitizing of areas
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is always maintained and cleaning records for areas and equipment are completed on time
- Compliance to the quality systems ensuring procedures are followed at all times and new issues of procedures are signed off within the required time scale
- Develop a basic understanding of Quality Assurance
- Ensure Training Records are updated as applicable and are always available for review during audits
- Any other duties which might be reasonably required and allocated by the Team Leader
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone with a qualification in Chemistry or a similar field. They will have good communication and organisational skills and be able to work effectively within a team. Previous experience in a laboratory environment is highly desirable.
Full training will be provided by the organisation but a background and a passion for Chemistry is required.