An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced manufacturing supervisor to join a global pharmaceutical company. Based at their site in Suffolk, the manufacturing supervisor will be responsible for leading staff and daily activities within the DNA Modification manufacturing department. This will include managing around 7 laboratory technicians, organising and maintaining high levels of service, quality and safe operations.
The main aspects of the role include:
- To understand the principles of leadership, motivation and mentoring team members.
- Take responsibility for training and integration of new starters along with continued development of existing team members.
- Demonstrate leadership and support for the HSE policies and proactively strive to ensure safe working environment at all times.
- Encourage process improvements within the team
- Generate, develop and oversee key performance indicators for the departments, in order to maintain high level of operation performances in a continual improvement mode.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the team helping organise the work and the main priorities.
- Ensure that departments of responsibility are audit ready at all times.
Ideally candidates will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in life sciences or similar relevant discipline. The successful applicant will have some relevant Team leader experience, within an operational, QC or other laboratory environment. Experience in the following areas will be beneficial:
- Previous experience as a technician
- Understanding of manufacturing environment, production time frames and customer expectations
- Experience in people management, objective setting, end-of-year review.
- Good understanding of process improvement & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Computer literacy – operational systems, LIM systems, analytical software, and Microsoft Excel.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your CV now, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.