Medical Science Liaison
Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
CY Partners are looking for a Medical Science Liaison to join a leading and global pharmaceutical organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity which is remotely based within the UK.
As a medical Science Liaison, you will help to foster a more educated healthcare environment by communicating your deep knowledge of the organisations data in the context of overall patient care to ensure evidence-based understanding of the science behind medicines and vaccines. Additionally, you will gatherer valuable insights on the organisation’s products and services, and on medical and scientific information to better understand patient needs and evidence gaps.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in one to one scientific dialogue with external experts around medicines and vaccines, enabling them to confidently discuss the organisation’s portfolio with patients and the wider medical community and ensuring they are knowledgeable in identifying the right patient for the most appropriate medicines and vaccines.
- Acting as an expert speaker at promotional and scientific events to disseminate information to larger groups of healthcare providers while stimulating clinical dialogue to gain different views and perspectives.
- Responding to unsolicited requests for Medical Information from healthcare providers in a fair, factual, balanced, and scientifically rigorous manner via the appropriate and preferred channel.
- Acting as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal medical team and its affiliates to bring in value-added insights that inform the organisation’s Medical, Commercial, and Research & Development activities.
- Fostering a collaborative working relationship with Medical Representatives and Commercial colleagues.
- Partnering with matrix colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access, etc.) to ensure strategies and business plans are both patient and business focused, and adding value to the external expert
- Disseminating important safety information to healthcare professionals as and when this emerges.
- Supporting study teams with the provision of scientific education and enquiry management from investigators and staff engaged in supported clinical trials e.g. Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS).
- Providing scientific education training for business partners such as the Medical Representatives by being the local scientific expert for a medicine / vaccine or group of medicines / vaccines in a therapy area.
- Maintaining a level of expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
- Attending scientific meetings and congresses to keep abreast of the evolving science in a therapy area and to confidently debate and discuss the science with external experts as presented at the meeting.
- Fully understanding and complying with company standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
For further information and to apply contact Helen Tomlinson at CY Partners on 07851246847 or submit your CV to [email protected]