Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location South East UK
Salary c£50,000 + Excellent Benefits
c£50,000 + Excellent Benefits
South East UK
Visa Sponsorship Available
Do you have experience in the design and synthesis of novel drug molecules?
Would you like to use your expertise in drug design to support hit to lead and lead optimist projects?
CY Partners is pleased to have been selected as a partner to a leading contract research organisation (CRO) collaborating with a broad range of organisations from global, blue chip pharmaceutical companies down to virtual biotechs. My client operates across Europe, the US and Asia and has a track record of delivering complex and challenging biologically active NCEs to support novel drug discovery projects. Due to ongoing expansion, they are looking to hire an experienced Medicinal Chemist to join their state-of-the-art laboratory facility as they grow their Medicinal Chemistry function area significantly. The company has delivered clinical candidates and backup compounds in multiple therapeutic areas.
The Medicinal Chemist will join a capable, multi-disciplinary, international research division responsible for key medicinal chemistry activities across drug discovery including structure-activity relationships, the interpretation of biological data, the understanding of physicochemical properties, and providing general expertise in the drugging of challenging targets across a wide range of therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, inflammation, virology and anti-bacterials.
Key Responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemist will include;
- Designing and synthesising compounds with desirable biological activities
- Leading Hit to lead and Lead Optimisation projects
- Collaboration with internal and external pharmacology teams
- Collaboration with internal and external synthetic organic chemistry teams
- Expert input to solve challenging medical chemistry questions.
To be considered for the role of Medicinal Chemist you will need the following skills and experience.
- BSc, MSc or PhD qualification in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, or a related subject
- Significant experience in drug design chemistry, across hit to lead and lead optimisation.
- Strong laboratory based Synthetic Organic Chemistry skills.
- Experience working in a drug discovery company with a track record of delivering novel clinical candidates.
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to coordinate within inter-disciplinary teams.
- Good scientific record keeping abilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading drug discovery organisation and play a key role in drug design and problem solving to take novel drug molecules from hit to lead through to translational drug development.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 07851 246846