Microbiology Lab Technician
Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location County Durham
Salary Up to £22,000
CY Partners re currently looking to recruit an experienced Microbiology Analyst on behalf of a Durham based Pharmaceutical company. This role is permanent and urgent so notice periods longer than 1 month can unfortunately not be taken into consideration.
- To follow and promote relevant SOPs, Job Aids, and company policy and procedure.
- To be capable and undertake Quality Control assessment of materials in accordance with defined procedures
- To undertake stock control activities relating to materials or consumables used within the Microbiology Laboratory or within the Environmental Monitoring Programme.
- To perform environmental monitoring, including the preparation of settle plates, contact plates and TVC (Total Viable Count) samples.
- To perform sample receipt
- Interpret environmental monitoring samples and perform microbial identification when required.
- To update the environmental monitoring trending databases.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties within the Microbiology laboratory.
- To observe and actively promote Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as per company SOPs.
- To actively maintain and develop company Quality and Business Systems in conjunction with other departments.
- A BSc degree in Microbiology, Biomedical Science or related discipline is desirable, equivalent experience will also be considered
- Good Aseptic technique and knowledge of Environmental Monitoring is required
- Prior experience working to cGMP requirements would be great
- Prior experience in a lab environment outside of academia (Pharma, NHS, Sample Testing) is essential