Microbiology Laboratory Assistant
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location County Durham
Salary up to £13p/h
An exciting opportunity for a Microbiology Laboratory Assistant has arose at an industry leading pharmaceutical client in County Durham. This client is working on cutting edge healthcare projects and due to growth they are looking to expand their team.
As a Microbiology Laboratory Assistant you will be working with the wider Microbiology team and adhering to strict aseptic standards to ensure the quality of products. Your work will be varied and could include sterility testing of batches of medications, validating new equipment and taking part in vital validation studies. You will be adhering to strict GMP and GLP standards to ensure the quality and safety of the products made on site, working as part of a wider team and expanding your skillset. This organisation values forward thinking and enthusiastic individuals and is able to provide industry leading laboratory training to recent BSc or MSc graduates and exposure to new technologies to experienced microbiologists.
- Comfortable assisting senior microbiology technicians in ensuring the sterility of products made on site
- Attention to detail, able to follow documentation and write up procedures
- Some experience working in a GMP or GLP setting
- Excellent team worker with strong communication skills
- Experience working under aseptic conditions
- Interest in microbiology and enthusiasm to learn new skills adhering to company protocols
The ideal candidate has a strong background in science, whether at degree level or through commercial experience, has excellent attention to detail and a keen interest in microbiology.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but there is excellent scope for renewal.
If you are interested in this role or are looking for a role in the scientific or pharmaceutical industry, please contact Siobhan O’Brien on [email protected] to discuss this further.