Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £18,000 - £20,000
Are you looking to join an innovative Medical Devices company in the heart of Newcastle?
If so, we’ve got a role for an enthusiastic Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join our clients Clinical Assay Team and support the running of the sites Microbiology facility. This is a great opportunity to join a diverse role supporting several areas, from Research to quality control.
To succeed in this role, you will be a well organised individual who enjoys working in a busy laboratory team and can adhere to strict Quality, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintaining frozen stocks of microorganisms and human samples
- Maintaining living stocks of microorganisms
- Maintaining media and consumable stocks within the Microbiology laboratory
- Identification and enumeration of micro-organisms
- Prepare, maintain, and perform quality control testing of laboratory media used for the growth and propagation of microorganisms
- Cultures by propagation viable pathogenic and non-pathogenic stock cultures of bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Preparing microbiological samples for Research Scientists
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager with the: monitoring of consumable usage and re-stocking laboratories when required. Ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained and subject to appropriate calibration and servicing
To be considered you will have a BSc in a life science subject or equivalent experience, and past experience of working in a microbiology laboratory, culturing and growing microorganisms, and working with aseptic techniques.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive package, company benefits and the opportunity to join a new and exciting company as they continue to develop.
So if you’re interested don’t hesitate to apply, or call Owain at CY Partners for more information. 07851 246839.