Location County Durham
An exciting opportunity has arose for a Microbiology Technician in the County Durham area. Working with a major employer in the North East, you will be exposed to cutting edge techniques and equipment whilst contributing to the development of drug therapies for the future.
As a Microbiology Technician you will be adhering to strict aseptic standards to ensure the quality of products manufactured at the County Durham site. Your work will be varied and your responsibilities may include sterility testing of batches of medications or validating new equipment. You will be adhering to strict GMP and GLP standards to ensure the quality and safety of the products made on site, working as part of a wider team and expanding your skillset.
- Comfortable assisting senior microbiology technicians in ensuring the sterility of products made on site
- Attention to detail, able to follow documentation and write up procedures
- Some experience working in a GMP or GLP setting
- Excellent team worker with strong communication skills
- Experience working under aseptic conditions
- Interest in microbiology and enthusiasm to learn new skills adhering to company protocols
The ideal candidate has a strong background in science, whether at degree level or through commercial experience, has excellent attention to detail and a keen interest in microbiology.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but there is excellent scope for renewal.
If you are interested in this role or are looking for a role in the scientific or pharmaceutical industry, please contact Siobhan O’Brien on [email protected] to discuss this further.