Location Barnard Castle
Salary Up to £14/hour
An exciting opportunity here for a microbiology technologist to join a global pharmaceutical leader on an initial 12-month basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide frontline environmental monitoring for sterile production facilities at the Barnard Castle site in line with the required sampling regime. To provide microbiological training to production, cleaning and engineering staff and ensure aseptic standards are maintained.
Successful candidates will be required to work as part of a rotational 24/5 Process Monitoring shift team that provides continuous support. A part of this role requires routine overtime, which is shared between the shifts on a rotational basis. Flexibility is a key requirement for working in this role, along with the ability to work well under pressure as required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working as an aseptic operator, perform environmental monitoring of aseptic/terminally sterilized facilities in line with the required monitoring regime.
- Engage in performing shutdown classification/reclassification of areas, including ISO qualification of areas, HEPA filter testing, air exchange rate testing, etc.
- Assist in the organisation, reading, review and write up of simulation trials performed by SBU areas.
- Deliver and assess aseptic microbiological training as required to new SBU operators.
- Perform routine water sampling and testing – sampling WFI and clean steam used in the filling facilities.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP.
- Work routine scheduled overtime when required as part of the continuous steriles business support.
- Completion of relevant paperwork to a high standard.
- Ability to build cross functional relationships and communicate clearly across departmental boundaries.
Ideally candidates will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in microbiology or similar related discipline. The successful applicants will have a basic understanding of at least the core principals of microbiology, and previous experience of working in a pharmaceutical environment would be a bonus, preferably in a Quality role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your CV now, and contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.