New Product Manager
Salary Depending on Experience
CY Partners are currently working with Zentia, the new brand name for Armstrong Ceiling Solutions, to recruit a New Product Manager, on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position will lead and execute the sourcing, development and launch of new tile and grid products and solutions, offering a seamless go-to-market approach to customers across Zentia markets.
The role will primarily be based out of their Gateshead facility, with some flexibility to work from home on occasion and limited international travel requirements.
- Lead the ideation, technical development/sourcing, and launch of new products for Zentia. Retain overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the New Product pipeline (many products will be externally sourced).
- Oversee the New Product Development process at every stage from concept to launch and suggest enhancements to the process as identified.
- Integrate market insight and analysis into NPD roadmap definition in order to deliver profitable growth for the business
- Support the Head of Marketing and Director, Sales & Marketing to define, evolve and deliver the Product strategy supporting business needs and performance.
- Be commercially aware during all aspects of development and ensure product development/testing budgets are accurate and adhered to.
- Be aware of third-party suppliers and opportunities to collaborate/source solutions to enhance our offer.
- Build and maintain a clear understanding of our products and solutions and how they compare to our competition, identifying gaps and opportunity areas.
- Share competitor updates to keep commercial teams updated on competitor propositions.
- Form great working relationships with internal/external teams to ensure optimum project delivery
- Work closely with the broader Marketing and Sales teams to ensure strong launch plans including clear value argumentation and support tools/information to help ensure effective promotion and market penetration
- Have a clear understanding of the value and application of our product/solution portfolio. Understand our pricing points and how our price/value compares to the competition.
- Support the Product Manager as required in managing existing product life cycles and the transition to new products.
- Regular reporting on the status of the NPD pipeline. Take ownership for updating the NPD tracker and ensuring all projects remain on track. Complete regular updates on the status of individual projects. Support the Head of Marketing and Director, Sales & Marketing in quarterly Roadmap reviews.
- Help define and measure key performance metrics, including % sales of new products and pipeline delivery OTIF
- Adhere to all aspects of the company EHS policies and conduct all activities in a way that is commensurate with our company values
- Demonstrable prior experience in a New Product Manager (or comparable) role from a suitable industrial/manufacturing environment
- A clear understanding of the NPD Process
- A minimum of an A-level education, (degree desirable)
- Knowledge of current building regulations and European standards
- Familiarity with the Commercial Construction Markets (Healthcare, Education, Office space)
- A basic understanding of HSE in a manufacturing setting
- The ability to adapt to challenges efficiently and solve problems effectively
- Strong project management, communication, and organisational skills
- IT literate with software such as Excel and Word
- A strong work ethic.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please feel free to contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.