Organic Process Chemist
Salary Competitive + Bonus
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a number of Organic Process Chemists to join a growing Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company based in Northumberland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chemist with Development experience from Industry or Academia to join an exciting, growing company with excellent lab facilities and a fantastic company ethos.
• A Process Chemist is responsible for development, implementation and optimisation of Flow Chemistry solutions to ensure the design of robust, sustainable and efficient chemical manufacturing processes.
• A Process Chemist will be expected to participate in the evaluation of alternative routes to our clients’ targets to identify steps for application of continuous manufacturing approaches. They will use lab based experimental data to build early stage, fit for purpose, process models and use these to guide further rounds of experimental data to support decisions on equipment selection for scale up.
• The position reports to the project technical leader and will work closely with the wider chemistry team as well as researchers at a renowned UK University, involved with the prototyping of novel reactors.
• Critical tasks involve enabling new chemical transformations and influencing route design. The individual will support API campaigns at lab and kilo lab scales from a few 100s grams to 100s of kilos.
• Educated to PhD level or equivalent in Organic or Pharmaceutical Chemistry
• Prior Post-Doc or Industrial experience in Organic Process Chemistry (ideally Continuous Flow)
• Excellent knowledge of route-scouting and scale-up activities
• Knowledge of cGMP requirements
• Good understanding of Analytical techniques such as HPLC & GC-MS
• Due to the location of the site, access to personal transport is highly recommended
If you would like to apply to this role please submit your most up to date CV and for further information, feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners