Organic Chemistry Technologist
Location South West England
Salary £30,000 - £60,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Organic Chemistry Technologist to join a world-class specialist chemical company based in Oxfordshire. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in Organic Synthetic Chemistry, with hands-on industrial R&D experience and skilled in troubleshooting theories and techniques.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and synthesise next generation component materials for the additives/lubricant market
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs, as well as robust routing scouting
- Research scale-up 10g to 10kg alongside chemical engineers
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as coaching and mentoring
- Prepare a variety of materials and be the focal lead for chemical outsourcing
- Drive safety initiatives, deliver risk assessments and make solid safety recommendations
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or PhD in Organic Chemistry
- Excellent track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales in a research and development environment
- Proven supervisory/management and coaching experience
- Strong focus on safety and high standard risk assessments
- Ability to troubleshoot and take an objective view of technical problems
- Knowledge of market and considerable commercial experience
- Experience with surfactants, polymers, lubricants or additives would be highly advantageous
You will be working for a well-established organisation that is recognised for their leading-edge research and reliability in delivering products. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.