Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £41,000 - £45,000
An excellent opportunity has become available for a qualified Pharmacist to work in a fast paced and challenging environment where no two days are the same.
This is an opportunity to join a unique pharmacy specialising in producing products for patients with currently un-met clinical needs, providing individualised and customised medicines on demand.
Drawing upon your pharmacy and clinical knowledge, as well as various reference sources available, you will be required to help provide a first class and comprehensive service to our client’s customers.
Key aspects of the role:
- Implementing the Pharmacy strategy ensuring it meets business requirements, customer deliverables and performance against goals.
- Developing the Pharmacy ensuring efficient and effective use of resources
- Working towards Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in line with business objectives to maximise the profit and potential of the business and liaising regularly with managers to ensure consistency of service delivery across the business
- Challenging existing methods and presenting alternatives, continually improving internal systems
- Overseeing the daily Pharmacy workload and abiding by the GPhC code, observing and applying all professional, ethical and legal obligations
- Conducting/assisting with internal self-inspection audits and participating in regulatory inspections
- Implement and adopt a range of SOP’s, to ensure procedures are in place for the avoidance of risk in the pharmacy
- Dispense prescription medicines to customers and ensure their safety, quality and compliance with applicable law, reviewing labels, doses and procedures
- Offer expert advice on prescriptions and the use of medications to both customers and doctors
- Counsel and advise customers on appropriate dosing, routes of administration and how to take them safely
- Advise customers of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments. Ensuring different treatments are compatible
- Keep up-to-date with current pharmacy practice, legislative and industry guidance/best practice, new drugs and their uses for the purpose of continuing professional development
- Make sure clear lines of accountability exist and that a retrievable audit trail of the health professional taking responsibility for the provision of each pharmacy service is maintained
- To actively promote GLP and GMP within the company and observe and comply with company Health and Safety Policies
- UK Registered Qualified pharmacist (GPhC registration)
- Confident attitude and involvement in all areas of a pharmacy
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical market
This is an outstanding opportunity with the opportunity to really thrive. If you’re interested, please e-mail your CV or for further information contact Owain in the office 0191 477 4733 OR 07851 246839