Biotechnology Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Paying £15 - £19 p/h PAYE or Umbrella Contracts
Several Temporary positions, shift based
Paying £15 – £19 p/h PAYE or Umbrella Contracts
Based in Central London
Are you an experienced Phlebotomist?
Would you like to work for a leading London based clinical research organisation within their knowledgeable clinical team?
My client are a leading clinical and laboratory service provider, specialising in a range of therapeutic areas and with the patient at the heart of their research. Using their specialist clinical trial platform, they play a key role in drug and vaccine development and are currently experiencing an impressive period of growth so are investing heavily in their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities in Central London. As a result, they are looking to expand their clinical team, through bringing on board a number of Phlebotomists who will be responsible for assessing patient/volunteer venous access and correctly applying phlebotomy techniques in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading clinical research organisation within a team of knowledgeable and motivated clinical professionals, driving forward the testing of infectious and respiratory disease products in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Phlebotomist will include;
- Assess the suitability of patient/volunteer’s veins for cannulation.
- Effectively apply the correct venepuncture method to obtain a blood samples.
- Maintain patient sample integrity through correct handling and storage.
- Correctly document and label samples.
- Practice in accordance to internal guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Clinical Study Protocols.
- Promote wellbeing of subjects during and after the venepuncture process.
- Escalate incidents as required to senior clinical team members.
- Support the preparation and planning of daily activities of the screening clinic.
- Provide venepuncture training to new team members as required
To be considered for this Phlebotomist vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- Demonstratable prior experience within Phlebotomy / as a Phlebotomist in line with UK Healthcare Guidelines.
- A qualification in Immediate Life Support (ILS) would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a clinical research environment / knowledge of ICH-GCP and regulatory standards is desirable.
- BSc in a Scientific discipline e.g., Biological Science, Biomedical Science or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature to support relationship building with volunteers and the clinical team.
- Ability to prioritise workloads as fast turnarounds are often needed within clinical research.
This is an excellent chance to work for in the Pharmaceutical industry for a leading clinical research organisation.
Please contact Neil Walton at CY Partners on 07851 246846 for more information.