Pilot Plant Chemist
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Reference JGPPC 28
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for you to join a fast-growing drug development and discovery company. As a Pharmaceutical Production Operator, you would oversee large scale organic synthesis and perform work to prepare the reaction vessels for the next synthesis.
You will perform your role within a GMP environment. The position will be shift based, on a rota, and you will receive a shift allowance due to this.
- To operate the pilot plant reactors and ancillary equipment following all current procedures (IOPs, BPGs, etc.) to maintain high standards of safety, housekeeping, hygiene and quality.
- Supported by a Management team and colleagues to ensure that written instruction/directions are followed correctly.
- Notify your Supervisor, Manager or Senior Scientist immediately of any irregularities so that corrective actions can be planned and implemented.
- Promptly and accurately complete documents as directed and record all irregularities.
- Support environmental monitoring and report/record information.
- Carry out routine maintenance and re-configuration to reaction vessels and ancillary equipment to ensure production is carried out in a timely and safe manner, complying with Health and Safety obligations.
- Participate fully and diligently in all training schemes to ensure that high standards of safety and quality in line with the regulations are maintained at all times.
- Participate fully and diligently in project schemes to support continuous improvement in working practices.
- Qualification in Chemistry, or other related discipline.
- Awareness of GMP, regulatory aspects, and pharmaceutical regulations desirable.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Able to interact effectively and positively with internal customers.
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Good time management and prioritization capabilities. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptable with an open minded view and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of accountability for the outcome.