Salary £32,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
£32,000 – £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Are you a post-doc level Scientist with expertise in PCR methodologies?
Would you like to work for a fast-growing Biotech company in London?
My client is working at the cutting edge of DNA and RNA amplification, developing the next generation of PCR technologies. They boast a class leading range of products both on market and within their research and development pipeline.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are looking to hire a Post-Doc Biochemist to undertake projects within enzyme and protein optimisation. These will focus on developing faster and more accurate PCR and PCR methodologies, to deepen mechanistic understanding of molecular biology and bring innovative solutions to PCR methodologies.
You’ll lead your own projects, from conception through to implementation of new products, and will have a broad range of responsibilities in this agile and growing organisation.
The role of the Post-Doc Biochemist will also involve production and quality control of enzymes/solutions to ISO:9001 and ISO:13485 standards, and your time will be split between these areas and R&D.
To be considered for the Post-Doc Biochemist role you’ll need the following skills, experience and qualifications;
- A Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biophysics or a related subject
- Proven expertise in Enzyme Kinetics with knowledge of single-substrate and multiple-substrate mechanisms, and binding affinity.
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Strong quantitative skills, with a good understanding of statistics and familiarity with experimental design methods such as Taguchi.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- An understanding of the chemical principals involved in buffers, stabilisers, enhancers or fluorescent chemistry as applied to commercial polymerases would be an advantage.
Key Words “Protein Biochemistry, Enzyme Kinetics, Binding Affinity, Biophysics, Molecular Biologist, Molecular Biology, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, R&D, Research and Development, DNA Extraction, RNA, Polymerase, Taq Polymerase”
In return my client offers an exciting research and development environment, with a company that has seen considerable growth over the last few years.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 07851 246846 for more info.