Pre-Formulation Particle Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
Salary Dependent on Experience
This Particle Engineering role is a specialized position and in it you will be considered a Subject Matter Expert, in powder and particle-technology operations, development, scale up and manufacturing.
- Provide technical and team leadership for development of pre-formulation particle engineering steps for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
- Processes under development will include operations such as spray drying, jet milling, impact milling, and wet milling.
- Plan and lead the development and implementation of particle engineering solutions for development and clinical scale-up batches of new drug substances, designing processes to deliver specified quantity, quality, and budget.
- Communicate proposals with customers, assist in the selling of the service provision.
- Oversee milling trials, provide DQ, IQ, OQ protocols.
- Responsible for contributions to continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, operational safety and efficiency of the function
- Drives innovation, identifying and evaluating new technology opportunities.
- Minimum of BSc in Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline (or equivalent experience) Masters or PhD desirable
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of chemical engineering principles and experience in process scale up.
- Experience managing development projects.
- Basic knowledge of Chemical Analytical techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of pre-formulation particle engineering and associated cGMP requirements in a pharmaceutical environment
- A Particle Engineer Expert who, along with having significant project responsibility, will provide technical input in the area of material science during the processing of APIs
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Graham at CY Partners for further information.