Primary Production Technician
A leading manufacturer and developer of medical devices is looking to recruit a Primary Production Technician to join their expanding team in York. Reporting to the Primary Production Team Leader, the main focus of the role is to work as part of a team to help manufacture the key components of rapid immunoassays.
- The manufacture of Lateral Flow Device cards for contract manufacture and existing products from the start of the process to quality control
- Involvement in the transfer of new products from the Technical Transfer Team to production, including any training requirements and assisting with the manufacture of transfer batches
- Promote continual improvement and assist in the update of processes, procedures and manufacturing documentation where required.
- Carry out regular laboratory housekeeping
- Help to maintain good control of stock levels by assisting with regular stock cycle counts, recording of material usage for manufactured products and annual stock checks.
The successful Primary Production Technician will meet the following requirements:
- BSc or higher in a biological sciences degree
- Some experience working in a lab environment
- Familiar with antibody based assays, conjugations, lateral flow device manufacture
- GLP experience / knowledge
This is a lab based role that would be ideal for a graduate who is looking to kick-start their career in an innovative medical device company. If this is of interest, apply now or contact Charlotte for more information.