Principal Medicinal Chemist
Location Oxfordshire / Home Based
Salary Competitive Salary, Commensurate with Experience
Principal Medicinal Chemist
Oxfordshire based, with significant remote/home working
Competitive Salary, Commensurate with Experience
Do you have significant experience leading Medicinal Chemistry activities?
Would you like to work for a well-funded Immuno-Oncology Biotech in Oxfordshire?
My client are a well-funded Biotechnology company working within oncology therapeutics, using novel Immuno-Oncology and Immuno-inflammation approaches to drug discovery and development.
Due to on-going funding and continued growth, they are looking to expand their Chemistry Department by hiring a Principal Medicinal Chemist to have significant oversight of novel drug discovery projects.
The company outsources all its lab-based chemistry, so the Principal Medicinal Chemist will manage various UK and overseas Contract Research Organisations (CROs). The Principal Medicinal Chemist will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry projects and coordinating synthetic chemistry activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality small molecule development candidates within competitive timeframes, while safeguarding the Company’s intellectual property by advancing its patent estate. The Principal Medicinal Chemist will also oversee all DMPK, safety and toxicology data to enable successful hit to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design.
The role is offered with a split home and office based working arrangement, so long as you can make it to site 1-2 days a week.
To be considered for the Principal Medicinal Chemist role, you’ll need the following skills and experience;
- Significant experience in an industrial drug discovery environment in all stages of the interdisciplinary drug discovery process from target selection and hit identification, through hit-to-lead and lead optimisation, to the delivery of development candidates.
- Inventorship on patent applications exemplifying biologically-important molecules.
- Managing remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at Contract Research Organisations.
- Exceptional knowledge of synthetic and medicinal chemistries supplemented by a solid understanding of biological signalling pathways, structure-based drug design and ADME optimisation in drug discovery.
- Experience in oncology, or immunology, patent filings or SBDD using docking/modelling software would be an advantage.
- You will need excellent communication, organisation, prioritisation with the ability to drive for timely delivery of project milestones.
The company offers a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance. My client is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton on 07851246846 for further information.