Principal Microbial Scientist
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences
Salary £35,000 - £52,000 pa
Reference PMS JG 1452
There is currently an opportunity for you, as an R&D team lead at one of the top global pharmaceutical manufacturers. The company are looking for you to be comfortable in laboratory management. You should also provide them with your expertise in Microbial Fermentation and primary recovery operations.
If you have the relevant microbial knowledge, along with experience in current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) this role will be suited to you.
• Lead and contribute to research and development (R&D) USP Microbial operation teams
• Line and Lab management
• Liaise with associated project groups, these include; Downstream Processing, Analytical Development, Technical Project Leads, Manufacturing.
• Required to be involved and interact with customer meetings
• Transfer of customer projects into research and development (R&D) and then through to cGMP facilities
• Drive Innovation projects
• Scientific degree alongside relevant laboratory or research experience
• Clear knowledge of microbial expression cell systems
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), required to lead team as well as reporting to head of department
• Team leading qualities
• Understanding of cGMP guidelines
Your transition into this role would also benefit from previous management experience, as well as knowledge of process development strategies. If this role is of interest, we look forward to receiving your CV.