Principal Scientist LC & LC/MS
Salary Very Competitive
Are you an individual with a background in biochemistry and in-depth knowledge of MS-based methods?
If so, we have an open opportunity for a LC & LC/MS Principal scientist to join and lead a Physicochemisty team with a reputable Biopharmaceutical provider. Working as part of the Technical Development group you will support the business to develop new methods used in the analysis of clients’ samples. This is a great opportunity to work in multi discipline role, alongside key clients in a state-of-the-art facility.
What else can you look forward to:
- Directing the scientific strategy to develop new innovative approaches and enabling technologies within major therapeutic areas.
- Leading the Biochemistry team to develop novel assays that characterise the structure of monoclonal antibody (and monoclonal antibody-like) drug molecules using LC, LC/MS, CE and other analytical techniques, and providing interpretation of the data.
- Using your passion for protein characterisation to develop innovative methods and train others in their use in order to fully understand the structure and function of our clients’ samples.
- Developing collaborative relationships with our clients and the wider scientific community to identify market trends and provide solutions for the next generation of analytical protein characterisation methods.
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific conferences, cementing your role as a thought leader in this field.
- Acting as the primary subject matter expert to support the work of the organisation to support the long-term growth aims of the company.
- Working together with Product Management teams to identify scientific topics of strategic importance and develop a practical plan for implementation.
- Responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to your own work.
- Upholding the highest levels of scientific integrity and technical accuracy from the inception of new methods through to successful project completion.
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or comparable experience post-undergraduate degree in a similar client-focussed environment.
- Expert knowledge in the development and application of MS-based methods.
- Substantial experience in performance and troubleshooting of analytical chemistry assays related to the structure and function of monoclonal antibodies or similar molecules.
- An understanding of applicable EU and US regulations, and GxP working practises.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assess and minimise their potential risks and an aptitude for prioritisation.
- Willingness to drive projects internally to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area.
- Positive attitude to scientific challenges and application of significant rigor to your own work
- Extremely competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in addition to data analysis or statistical software packages
In return, you’ll be given a competitive salary, a generous employee benefits package, on the job training and opportunity for employee personal growth.
If you’re interested and would like to APPLY, talk to Owain at CY Partners or apply with a CV today.