LCMS Bioanalytical Method Development Scientist
Biotechnology Clinical Life Sciences
Location Adelaide, Australia
Salary £50,000 - £65,000
A rapidly growing bioanalytical CRO in Australia is looking for an experienced Principal Bioanalytical Method Development Scientist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in LCMS/MS assay development with working knowledge in a regulated GLP bioanalytical laboratory.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform Principal Method Development Scientist duties in the LCMS bioanalytical lab
- Develop, transfer and pre-validate assessments of assays and analytical methods to support drug analysis
- Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting and technical investigations of analytical methods
- Design LCMS/MS protocols for drug optimisation, method development and the processing of analytical runs
- Liaise with clients (external) and SDs (internal) on project status and timelines, including on-site visits; perform audits when required
- Author and/or review of Analytical Laboratory Methods (ALMs)
- Review and manage new projects as required
- Prepare and review bioanalytical reports
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as training of R&D staff
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in LCMS/MS development in a regulated bioanalytical and Assay Development laboratory
- Proven GLP and CRO experience; required
- Demonstrated Study Director/Principal Investigator experience; required
- Previous experience in communicating with clients on high level science issues as well as remaining strictly confidential
- Ability to mentor, train and supervise
- Ability to work effectively both in isolation and as part of a team
- Ability to analyse problems, formulate effective solutions and coordinate tasks simultaneously
The company is a Contract Research Organisation specialising in providing drug development services for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. You will be working in their state-of-the-art facilities based in Adelaide, Australia with Visa and relocation support provided.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet (07851 246 846) at CY Partners.
Due to the current Covid-19 crisis, start dates for this role will be decided following all Government guidelines.