Process Chemist (Calorimetry)
Location Wollaston, Northamptonshire
Salary £30,000 - 40,000 DOE
Role: Process Chemist
Salary: £30,000 – 40,000 DOE
A unique opportunity has arisen for a process chemist to join a polymer and advanced materials research and manufacturing company in the Northamptonshire area. The main aspect of the role will be to manage and run Group Technology’s calorimetry set up and become the company expert in this field by conducting day-to-day experiments.
This role is ideal for a physical chemist who has specialised in thermochemistry and would like to progress on their expertise in calorimetry.
This role is now open to non UK residents who are willing to relocate.
What you will gain from the role:
- Exposure in managing aspects of polymer synthesis aligned with calorimetry work, reporting back on findings to the lead development specialist.
- Growth in scale up ability by working alongside the development specialists and chemists, to create a manufacturing strategy for NPD. Remaining involved from lab to pilot and finally the handover to Operations for commercially viable large-scale operations
- Experience in assessing safety of any new raw materials through COSHH assessments, and new equipment and processes through HAZOP by supporting thermophysical, thermodynamic and kinetic properties measurements
- Develop, design, and optimise new ideas and techniques for process improvements and optimisations of new and existing products
- Provide support and expertise to Group Operations contributing to their process safety management strategy and initiatives
- Opportunities to liaise with external companies and experts in the field as well as customers, suppliers, trade associations and more to maintain and grow your knowledge and understanding of process chemistry.
- Prepare technical reports based on test findings.
- Fully contribute to data analysis and interpretation of the data created to enable key decisions to be made.
What we require from you:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a related subject or extensive experience in a R&D environment, in the synthesis field (Organic or Thermochemistry backgrounds preferred).
- PC proficient, particularly with MS Excel and the ability to manipulate data in worksheets including pivot tables, v lookups and other analytical tools.
- Effective physical chemistry knowledge
- Experience of working in a process chemistry role and scaling up products into a chemical plant
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and thermal analysis techniques as well as Thermochemistry/ Thermodynamics.
- Able to effectively review and interpret data, producing accurate meaningful outcomes.
- Knowledge of new product development, process safety, optimisation and improvements are desirable but not essential
If this role sounds like it would suit you and you’re up for an exciting new challenge, then please send across your CV or get in touch with Lucy at CY Partners to discuss your application further.
Keywords: Process / Chemistry / thermodynamics / Thermochemistry / Calorimetry / Polymer / Organic / Scale up / Product Development / Process Safety / Optimisation / Thermal Analysis / R&D / Sustainability / Green development / Eco