Process Development Chemist
Location Workington, Cumbria
Salary £27000 - £35,000
A career boosting opportunity has risen for a Process Development Chemist to join a chemical facility in Workington, Cumbria. In this role your focus will be on delivering commercially viable chemical processes for both new and existing products, including scale-up of new products from pilot to commercial scale.
What you could be doing in your next role…
- Understand the MAPP – Major Accident Prevention Policy / Plan and Safety and Environment Management Systems.
- Develop safe, cost-effective processes for compounds, scaling them up through pilot plant and onto full-scale production and provide the necessary technical support.
- Assist in continually improving the viability of existing products by improving processing efficiencies. Identifying and developing more cost-effective routes to these products.
- To supply a technical service to customer enquiries and problems in respect of the product range.
- To maintain current awareness of the latest scientific and technological developments relevant to the business and make use of that knowledge to continually improve and optimise the profitability of the products manufactured.
- Provide technical assistance during plant and laboratory trial.
- Use whatever tools and resources are available, e.g. SciFinder, to determine the most viable synthetic routes for new processes.
- Develop plant fits for new processes based on processes developed within the Company’s laboratories or based on technical information supplied by our customers.
- Assist in the development of analytical methods in support of the business.
What we require from you:
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry or PhD in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of product development with a high level of scientific training, specifically in organic chemistry and preferably, in a batch manufacturing environment
- Experience of scale up from laboratory to pilot and full plant production
- Excellent knowledge of analytical techniques such as GC, HPLC, GCMS and NMR and the ability to interpret analytical results.
- Relevant experience in an organic synthesis laboratory within a manufacturing environment (desired not essential, but a distinct advantage)
- Project Management experience (desired not essential)
- Knowledge and use of Six Sigma tools and techniques or similar (desired not essential)
Please click the link to apply or reach out to Graham at CY Partners for more information or to have your CV considered for the role
Key words: Process / Process development / Chemist / Industrial chemistry / Analytical / Synthesis / Organic synthesis / Product development / Batch manufacturing / Pilot plant / Scale up / Commercial chemistry / Research and Development