Process Development Scientist
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences
Salary £35,000 - £52,000 pa
Reference PDS JG 1453
An exciting laboratory-based role at one of the global leaders in pharmaceutical manufacturing has arisen. The company are looking for someone comfortable in a lead role, with a strong background of mammalian biotechnology or relevant lab experience.
Working as a Process Development Scientist you would be confident as a Mammalian Cell Culture scientific lead, within your project team. You will be an excellent communicator, required in day-to-day general lab activities, as well as client contact regarding project targets.
• To manage, design and implement experiments
• Process development (PD) from lab scale bioreactors to 200L demonstration scale
• Review experimental work and data, ensuring accuracy and compliance
• To produce well written and compliant laboratory notebooks and data files
• Prepare reports on progress for internal and external use
• Supervise and train other research staff members
• Communication with senior management and peers, regarding results and decisions on the process development (PD) processes
• Communication and co-ordination with other departments to achieve project objectives
• Comfortable as Mammalian Cell Culture (MCC) team leader
• Excellent communication, demonstrating technical and scientific knowledge (regarding current project) to the client
• Working in a highly regulated environment, good awareness of the regulatory background to their work is required
• An analytical thinker who can take an active role within the management of the laboratory
• Relevant degree, alongside strong laboratory experience
This role will also require some weekend work. If you are an experienced scientist with the relevant industrial background this role would be perfect for you. If you’re interested, then we look forward to receiving your CV.