Process Support Chemist - Shift
Salary Very Competitive + Shift Allowance
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Shift Production Support Chemist on an initial 6 month contract on behalf of North East based Pharmaceutical CDMO.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation with excellent facilities and opportunities for development.
In this role you will be required to:
- Provide technical support to the shift Operations teams for the processes running in the manufacturing plants, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
- Start investigations into processing issues (e.g. atypical in-process results, reduced yields) as soon as a problem is identified and working with existing project teams to resolve issues
- Identify and lead process improvement and waste minimisation projects.
- Review cleanout and commissioning performance to minimize time and waste generation
- Carry out scheduled HSE and cGMP audits of all areas.
- Ensure compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to your area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance on documentation with HSE legislation and with safety, environment, and occupational hygiene standards
Candidates looking to apply should possess:
- A minimum BSc level degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related subject (or equivalent experience)
- A strong knowledge of Organic Chemistry
- Prior work experience in a Chemical process/manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cGMP and HSE requirements
- Knowledge of COMAH compliance would be desirable
- IT literate, mainly Excel/Word and an understanding of SAP
- Access to personal transport due to shift times
*This role includes a significant shift allowance on top of basic salary package.*
Please apply ASAP with your most up to date CV, and if you have any further questions about the role, please contact Graham.