Product Manager (Life Sciences)
Salary £35000 to £40000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join a growing Biotechnology company in the North East of England. The Product Manager will be responsible for the management, training and support of commercial distribution as well as product performance and portfolio strategies to differentiate the client’s products in the marketplace.
The role is open to an experienced individual with demonstrable scientific knowledge and experience gained within life sciences and as a minimum a desire to progress your career in a non-laboratory environment. Individuals with additional experience gained within a commercial, marketing or sales would be highly desired.
This role represents a genuinely exciting opportunity to make your mark in an expanding organisation, develop partnerships globally and meet regularly with customers nationally and internationally.
Main responsibilities of the role:
• Manage products throughout their lifecycle ensuring continuing commercial success.
• Drive marketing activities and development of sales tools
• Develop product portfolio strategies including pricing, competition and market conditions
• Remain up to date with relevant regional markets on competition and opportunities.
• Assist R&D in the design, organization, execution and monitoring of pre- and post-market field trials to confirm product performance, maximize product positioning, and meet organization goals and objectives.
• Participate and support project/product development teams in providing scientific/technical input to ensure that clinical utility of company’s products meets clinical need.
Candidates will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in relevant scientific discipline. MSc or PhD Preferred but not critical. Previous experience gained working in Medical Diagnostics in a laboratory and/or Marketing and/or Sales experience within the sector would be highly desirable.