Biotechnology Chemical Pharmaceuticals
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Private Medical + Excellent Benefits
£25,000 – £35,000 + Bonus + Private Medical + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience of synthetic chemistry or process chemistry?
Would you like to work for an international R&D organisation in London?
CY Partners is proud to have been selected as exclusive partner supporting an innovative pharmaceutical research organisation, which is actively engaged in a suite of services in translational drug discovery and development. Working in their state-of-the-art facilities in London they run innovative and dynamic research programs which include manufacturing medicinal compounds to support drug discovery and development.
Due to continued growth and development, they are looking to hire an experienced Production Chemist to join the team.
The Role of Production Chemist will include;
- Day-to-day production of novel pharmaceutical compounds to GMP standards; the operation of various automated chemistry/dispensing equipment and the completion of Production related documentation.
- Development/ implementation of new medicinal compounds
- Authoring and reviewing procedures and other documents (e.g., forms, logbooks, validation protocols and technical reports) by following good documentation practices.
- Operating to approved quality standards by recording Production quality related actions (e.g., deviations and change controls) in a timely manner, to comply with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Performing self-inspections, identifying gaps and implementing process improvements.
- Troubleshooting simple fixes for various instruments in the laboratory and liaising with internal support teams or service engineers to organise repairs
To be considered for the Production Chemist you’ll need the following Qualifications & Experience;
- At least degree level in a related scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science etc or have suitable experience
- Experience in synthetic chemistry or related disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience in HPLC, preferably including method development.
- Validation experience (including laboratory equipment and process validation) which would be advantageous.
- Some experience of computer programming and automation which would be advantageous
- Knowledge of GMP, validation and relevant regulations is an advantage
- Previous experience with operation of a GMP grade A isolator and/or distribution of pharmaceuticals, would be advantageous.
- To be successful in this role you will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, a logical approach to problem solving and good attention to detail.
- As an effective team member, you will have great organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in drug research and development, for a values driven company committed to providing a professionally and socially collaborative workplace.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners for further details.