Production Support Chemist
Salary Competitive + Shift Allowance
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Shift Production Support Chemist on behalf of a North East based Pharmaceutical CDMO.
If you have experience working in an API Manufacturing environment and a background in Process/Organic Chemistry, then please feel free to get in touch and apply.
- Giving technical support to the shift Operations teams for the processes running in the manufacturing plants, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
- Starting investigations into processing issues (e.g., atypical in-process results, reduced yields) as soon as a problem is identified and working with existing project teams to resolve issues.
- Maintaining knowledge of the processes in routine production.
- Identification and leadership of process improvement and waste minimisation projects.
- Review cleanout and commissioning performance to minimize time and waste generation.
- Delivering training on HSE, cGMP, and new product processes operations to the Operations teams.
- Carrying out scheduled HSE and cGMP audits of all areas.
- Laboratory work outside standard daytime working hours to support R&D and kilo laboratory programmes.
- Implementing and maintaining KPIs
- Delivering problem solving sessions / techniques and size the prize sessions.
- An understanding of cGMP and HSE competence
- BSc/MSc/PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering or substantial period of relevant manufacturing experience
- Computer literate in Word and Excel, ideally with knowledge of SAP
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.