Salary £20,000 - £21,000
A leading manufacturer and developer of medical devices is looking to recruit a Production Technician to work in their busy production facility, based just outside of York. The client in question focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of immunoassays for disorders of the immune system.
- The manufacture of Lateral Flow Device cards for contract manufacture and existing products from the start of the process to quality control
- Involvement in the transfer of new products from the Technical Transfer Team to production, including any training requirements and assisting with the manufacture of transfer batches
- Promote continual improvement and assist in the update of processes, procedures and manufacturing documentation where required
- Help to maintain good control of stock levels by assisting with regular stock cycle counts, recording of material usage for manufactured products and annual stock checks.
- Carry out regular laboratory housekeeping duties and demonstrate a ‘clean as you go’ policy
The successful Production Technician will meet the following requirements:
- BSc or higher in a scientific subject/equivalent qualification, preferably in biological sciences
- Some hands-on laboratory experience
- Familiar with antibody-based assays (lateral flow device manufacture is desirable)
- Knowledge/experience of GMP working practices
- Good practical skills and some biological knowledge
This is a lab based position that would suit a recent science graduate or individuals who wish to enter the science industry.
Apply with an updated CV or contact Charlotte at CY Partners on 07851246841.