Project Manager - Drug Development
Biotechnology Clinical Pharmaceuticals
Project Manager – Drug Development
An exciting position for an experienced drug development project manager to join a biotechnology start-up company. The role of Project Manager is a critical role in successfully delivering innovative drug development/medical device projects. Sitting on the Project Team, the successful candidate will work across a wide variety of cross functional activities to achieve key clinical and regulatory milestones. You will ensure alignment of the project strategy and operational delivery. Championing best practices, you will drive project management efficiency through the team and wider company.
This role is a great career opportunity for a drug development Project Manager who is highly motivated to succeed and enjoys the fast-moving pace that a small biotech company brings. You will be a passionate communicator who has a proven track record of motivating teams and have an entrepreneurial spirit to get things done.
This role is based in Oxford, with some regular travel to London Headquarters required.
Some main responsibilities of the role include:
- Project manage the development of the project strategy and vision, ensuring alignment with operational delivery.
- Drive efficient operation of the Project Team including overall plans, priorities and risk management.
- Drive successful issue resolution and decision-making, focusing the team on the right activities at the right time
- Manage and co-ordinate multiple CROs performing activities for the Project Team to ensure delivery on time, to a high quality and within budget.
- Ensure that overall team deliverables, budgets and schedules are realistically set, Executive Team approved and that the project effectively fulfils reporting requirements.
- Create a shared sense of purpose, inspire and energise others.
- Champion Project Management best practices.
Ideally applicants will possess strong Project Management skills coupled with a strategic mindset and a sharp focus on delivery to succeed in this role. Candidates will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) a scientific or technical subject. Alongside this, the successful candidate will have substantial drug development experience, with project management experience and a successful track record of delivering all aspects of projects within agreed time, quality and cost.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up aiming to provide novel therapeutic products and services across a range of diverse applications.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your CV now, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.