A pharmaceutical client in County Durham is seeking a QC Analyst to join a fast-paced team analysing pharmaceutical products for purity and efficacy before reaching the market.
Your work will be highly varied and involves the use of multiple core analytical chemistry techniques. Primarily a lab based role, your work is a vital step in ensuring drug products are safe to go out to consumers. This global organisation values continual training and development and you will have exposure to industry leading training in new analytical techniques.
Your responsibilities as a QC Analyst will include:
- The use of techniques including Karl Fischer, GC-MS, HPLC and TLC.
- Writing, reviewing and following laboratory SOPs and documentation.
- Maintaining excellent laboratory notes in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Ensuring the laboratory equipment is clean, calibrated and maintained.
- Maintaining a stock of laboratory reagents and ensure the safe disposal of all samples.
The ideal QC Analyst candidate is educated to degree level in Chemistry or a related discipline and has one year of experience working in industry (this could include a placement year during university). You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and an excellent team player.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but there is excellent scope for renewal.
If you are interested in this role or are looking for a role in the scientific or pharmaceutical industry, please contact Siobhan O’Brien on [email protected] to discuss this further.