Chemical Life Sciences
A leading pharmaceutical company in Stevenage is looking to expand their Quality team with a QC Analyst. This role will involve assessing pharmaceutical products for purity and efficacy using a range of techniques before reaching the market.
You will be working alongside colleagues across a breadth of laboratory departments, including working closely with the Bio-assays team. Your work is a vital step in ensuring products manufactured at the Stevenage site are fit to go out to consumers. This organisation values continual training and development and you will have exposure to industry leading training to kick-start a career in R&D.
Your responsibilities as a QC Analyst will include:
- The use of techniques including GC-MS, HPLC and TLC to analyse product samples.
- Writing, reviewing and following laboratory SOPs and documentation.
- Maintaining excellent laboratory notes in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Ensuring the laboratory equipment is clean, calibrated and maintained.
- Maintaining a stock of laboratory reagents and ensure the safe disposal of all samples.
The ideal QC Analyst candidate is educated to degree level in Chemistry or a related discipline and has one year of experience working in industry (this could include a professional placement year). You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and an excellent team player.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but there is excellent scope for renewal.
If you are interested in this role or are looking for a role in the scientific or pharmaceutical industry, please contact Siobhan O’Brien on [email protected] to discuss this further.