QC Laboratory Scientist
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £18,000 per annum
CY partners are currently supporting a Medical diagnostics company with their search for an individual to join their Quality Control department. This is a full time, 6-month temporary contract with the possibility to be extended.
Working as a QC Scientist you will be based at our client’s laboratories in Newcastle, supporting with a wide variety of assays and tests focusing on quality control and stability studies.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Performing all routine and relevant QC / Stability Study laboratory techniques (microtomy, cryotomy, immunohistochemistry procedures including pre-treatments, automated stainers and slide screening), standards, systems and operate equipment in alignment with relevant regulatory standards.
- Using laboratory equipment, e.g. pH meters, balances, micropipettes, autoclave, etc.
- Prepare reagents and material, ordering consumables and perform other housekeeping tasks in alignment with operational day to day schedule.
- Perform calibration and validation of equipment within the department.
- Ensure tasks are completed according to agreed timelines.
- Ensure units are aliquoted and stored in the designated locations in a timely manner.
- Preparation, Performance and Documentation of Stability Study and QC Tests.
- Finding novel solutions to operational or technical problems using DBS.
- Provide support in the investigation and reporting of Non-conformance’s and CAPA’s.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with lab experience and knowledge of the life sciences to join a reputable organisation, in a great location.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply today with a CV, or call Owain at CY Partners (0191 477 4733) for more information.