Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Competitive + Bonus/Benefits
CY Partners are looking to recruit an experienced QC Manager on a permanent contract, on behalf of an established CDMO based in North East England. Our clients specialize in the development, scale-up and manufacture of high value, Chemical compounds (including APIs within GMP guidelines)
The main area of their business is predominantly Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences, but they do take on a variety of projects in other speciality sector including Fine Chemicals and Polymer technologies.
If successful in this role, as well as routine analysis on raw material, intermediates and finished products, the analysis required will extend to method development, method validation and stability studies. You will report directly to the Head of Quality and you will manage the team to ensure the required throughput for starting materials and finished products in line with customers’ demands is maintained and further establish a culture and practices consistent with GMP and Health & Safety compliance.
- Oversee the day to day running of the QC laboratory.
- Perform physical and analytical testing as required to support manufacturing.
- Adherence to GMP regulations.
- Review and approval of testing data generated within the QC laboratory.
- Coordination and supervision of analytical testing activities within the QC laboratory.
- Developing methods and SOPs associated with job role.
- Undertake laboratory investigations and OOS reports when required.
- Undertake troubleshooting and maintenance on QC equipment.
- Liaise with the QA department and Research Manager on project work and testing schedules.
- Writing validation protocols and validation reports,
- Identification and evaluation of new analytical techniques to support both production and customer requirements.
- Training of new QC staff members.
- Possess a minimum of a BSc in Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Science or equivalent
- Prior relevant experience working in an analytical testing environment in accordance with GMP
- Prior staff Management experience is essential
- A practical knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques that includes HPLC, GLC, FTIR, NMR and wet chemical analysis
- Strong development, validation and implementation of analytical methods in accordance with ICH and Ph Eur requirements as required.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please feel free to contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time. Please visit our website to be to be considered for future vacancies.