QC Shift Analyst
Location Workington, Cumbria
Salary £28,000 - 32,000 (+£7,000 shift allowance)
Role: QC Shift Analyst
Location: Workington, Cumbria
Hours: Shift – 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off (12 hr shifts) for 7 weeks, followed by 18 days off. Repeat cycle.
Salary: £28,000-32,000 per annum base (+ shift allowance), depending on experience
Here at CY Partners we have an exciting opportunity for a budding or established scientist to join a leading provider to the agricultural, nutritional, medical and many more industries for specialty chemicals. The company in question prides themselves in following regulations to the highest of standards, having consistent procedures across their sites and continually improving on their methodology to remain relevant in the market and conquer any challenges set by their clients.
So what would you be doing?
- Perform testing on finished goods samples, in-process samples, wastewater samples, solid waste, and other miscellaneous samples in support on the site manufacturing operations.
- Analysis of samples including receiving samples and identifying the appropriate test to be performed
- Comfortably analyzing samples using various instruments and wet chemical analysis techniques as detailed in approved and validated test methods.
- Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment and checking/ordering of lab supplies as assigned.
- Producing evaluations and reporting of analytical results in a reasonable amount of time as to be an integral part of the sample analysis process.
- To develop new methods and techniques for both existing and new processes.
Specific Role Requirements:
Education & Qualifications:
- English (level 2 basic skills min)
- Maths (level 2 basic skills min)
- ICT (level 2 basic skills min)
- HNC Chemistry or above (degrees in a related field with relevant industry experience will also be considered)
Experience: (industry and job specific)
- At least 6 months chemical manufacturing experience desired
- Relevant experience of GC/HPLC and wet chemistry testing
To be considered for the role please click the link to apply or get in touch with Lucy at CY Partners.