QC Shift Team Leader
CY Partners are working with a well-known pharmaceutical company, based in the Newcastle area, who are looking to hire a QC Shift Team Leader to join their Quality department on a permanent basis. The client in question offer API development and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Reporting to the Analytical Department Manager, the successful QC Shift Team Leader will lead a team of shift analysts and provide guidance and technical advice on a daily basis. They will have the following responsibilities:
- Organise and lead a team of shift analysts
- Ensure analysis is complete in a cGMP compliant manner
- Work with all analytical teams to ensure systems are in place for the ordering, characterisation, submission and withdrawal of reference materials for use in cGMP analysis
- Prioritise in-process, raw materials, intermediate, final product and stability analysis
- Ensure all stability analysis designated for this team is performed within specified timescales
- Perform analysis and reporting of materials
- Organise and plan calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment to meet cGMP and operational requirements
- Ensure analysts are suitably trained in required analytical techniques.
- Identify training shortcomings within the department and source suitable training
- Conduct performance appraisals of assigned members of staff
This position would suit someone with the following skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent in chemistry or related discipline
- Several years practical experience in an analytical lab
- Good knowledge and understanding of cGMP requirements
- Previous experience leading / managing a team
Apply now or contact Charlotte at CY Partners on 0191 477 4733 for more information.