Biotechnology Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
An excellent opportunity here for a number of QC Specialists or analysts to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site in Stevenage, initially on a 6-month basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following aspects of the job:
- To test samples utilising a range of chemical and biochemical tests, in accordance with regulatory requirements and agreed schedules. To apply a knowledge of Physico-chemistry testing to the provision of product testing and stability data. To be familiar with chemical and biochemical methods, test specifications and sampling regimes, and the impact they may have on the product.
- To work with the line manager or designated analyst to interpret tests results as required. Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Safety Codes of Practice and policies.
- To maintain detailed laboratory records in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) through the use of controlled pro forma or electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Record deviations from the normal practice and out of specification results appropriately and report them to the line manager; assist with investigations product and test anomalies.
- Responsible for the condition and maintenance of the laboratory equipment, ensuring records are maintained of any calibration, maintenance. Ensure that the department is kept in a safe, clean and orderly fashion and maintained in an inspection ready state.
- To facilitate the ordering of laboratory consumables to ensure efficient running of the laboratory.
- To be responsible for the safe storage and/or disposal of test samples, reference materials and reagents following set procedures. To record incoming samples according to the appropriate SOPs. To ensure all samples and materials are handled safely following departmental procedures.
- Update SOPs and associated pro-forma used within the laboratory
- To use Root Cause Analysis and other OE tools to facilitate deviation and laboratory investigations
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known organisation, and hiring is still going ahead despite the current pandemic, initially via video call.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information on 07851 246 849.