Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Newcastle Upon Tyne
We’re working with a globally recognised biotechnology and life science brand in their search for a Director to lead their Research and Development division, based in Newcastle.
As the R&D Director, your focus will be to develop and grow this area of our client’s business into a leader in its field. Working within the IVD/medical devices sector, the R&D team are responsible for successfully transitioning innovative projects form ideas to commercially viable products and as the director, you will be responsible for leading this change.
- Provide leadership to the R&D team. Build the capability of the team – attract, recruit, retain and develop top talent.
- Ensure all R&D projects are managed using the appropriate business processes, monitored against project objectives, timescales and to budget
- Provide both operational and scientific guidance on processes as required
- Work with the QA and Regulatory team to ensure that all work complies with regulatory directives
- Contribute to the building of a synergistic and collaborative partnership within the Leadership team. Work with the adjacent business units as well as Innovation to assess potential opportunities in the marketplace through building relationships with key opinion leaders at the highest level
- Participate in customer, collaborator or distributor visits, demonstrations, and training as requested
- Implement effective system for regular resource planning to ensure the available resource is used optimally, development plans are in place for high potential R&D staff in talent review, and a structured succession plan for growth developed
- Provide a healthy and safe workplace for employees, contractors and visitors
- Support EHS framework and assist in annual planning, implementation, evaluation and review
- Proven track record of product development within the life science sector, including having been personally responsible for managing innovative projects
- Confident leadership style with experience of leading a sizeable R&D team
- Experience of Regulatory and Quality Procedures within IVD/medical diagnostics industry
- Ideally record in a development role in the IVD/medical diagnostics industry
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV today or call Owain at CY Partners for more information. 0191 477 4733