Regulatory Consultant - Hazard Communication
Location Remote / Lancaster
Salary Dependent on Experience
CY Partners are working with a leading international provider of scientific, environmental and regulatory services to help recruit a Regulatory Consultant to join their team on a permanent basis. The client in question provides registration / notification services and global regulatory compliance and chemicals management support for clients around the globe.
The successful Regulatory Consultant will support companies in the context of Hazard Communications and will undertake client-driven activities. This role involves a collaboration with the management team and consultancy staff, carrying out activities related to classification and labelling of products and authoring of safety data sheets and hazcom labels. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manual hazard classification of substances and mixtures to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements
- Authoring of Safety Data Sheets to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements) using internal SDS authoring software
- Conversion of SDS into required languages and the addition of local requirements (e.g. Occupational Exposure Limits, Poison Centres) using internal SDS authoring software
- Evaluation of clients’ Hazard Communication documentation (inc. SDS and labelling) for compliance with global regulations
- Once competent, building client relationships through consultancy, training and negotiation
- Liaising with internal divisions to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
- Potential ability to train and present on Hazard Communication topics
The ideal Regulatory Consultant will meet the following requirements:
- Degree in a STEM subject or substantial industrial experience
- Experience with hazard communication and/or chemical compliance
- Existing knowledge of global classification systems (EU CLP, GHS, WHMIS etc.)
- Experience with databases or with managing large datasets
- Experience in industry with the implementation of GHS and authoring SDS
- Ability to successfully manage a fluctuating workload and work well under pressure
Although the team is based in Lancaster there is the possibility for the successful candidate to work remotely.
Apply now or contact Charlotte at [email protected] for more information.