Regulatory Consultant - Hazard Communications
Location Lancaster or Home Based
Salary Dependent on Experience
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Regulatory Consultant to join the Hazard Communications team of a Lancaster based Consultancy on a permanent basis. There are a number of roles open in this department at different grades, depending on experience.
The successful candidates will support company clients in the context of Hazard Communications and will undertake client-driven activities. This role involves carrying out activities related to classification and labelling of products and authoring of safety data sheets and hazcom labels.
More experienced consultants will also be expected to assist in developing the processes and systems that support our global hazard communication team to enhance our process efficiency and compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidates would be responsible for:
- Manual hazard classification of substances and mixtures to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements)
- Authoring of Safety Data Sheets to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements) using internal SDS authoring software
- Conversion of SDS into required languages and the addition of local requirements (e.g. Occupational Exposure Limits, Poison Centres) using internal SDS authoring software
- Evaluation of clients’ Hazard Communication documentation (inc. SDS and labelling) for compliance with global regulations
- Once competent, building client relationships through consultancy, training and negotiation
Profile and Qualifications
- HNC/BSc qualified or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Logical and analytical with the ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with clients
- Existing knowledge of global classification systems (EU CLP, GHS, WHMIS etc.)
- Experience in industry with the implementation of GHS and authoring SDS
- Ability to train and present on Hazard Communication topics
Although the core of the team is based in Lancaster, depending on experience and ability to work independently, options to be located at our German or Canadian offices, or work remotely will also be considered.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.