Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Competitive based of Experience.
CY Partners are working with an ever-expanding environmental consultancy business in the Lancaster area, who are now looking for a Regulatory Toxicologist to join their team. You will primarily be supporting the business on REACH, biocides, cosmetic and med devices regulations, providing successful advice to internal and external experts.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Provide toxicology expertise and guidance on appropriate testing
• Design and monitor toxicology studies at contract research facilities to ensure scientific validity and compliance with international testing guidelines
• Set up registration strategies including waiving, read across, testing for the human health section
• Perform human health hazard and risk assessment
• Attend and deliver seminars, workshops, training courses, and professional association meetings to maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory toxicology requirements and risk assessment paradigms, especially related to organisms
• Communicate and co-operate with clients and relevant authorities
• To act as a key point for toxicology for clients and colleagues in the team
Profile and Qualifications for the role:
• Must have MSc/PharmD or PhD in a scientific discipline related to toxicology or significant experience in toxicology hazard and risk assessment (essential)
• Knowledge of IUCLID (desirable)
• Knowledge of Regulatory Toxicology with a special emphasis on hazard, exposure and risk assessment (essential).
• Working experience in Regulatory Toxicology of at least 2-3 years (desirable)
• Working knowledge on hazard classification (CLP or GHS) and REACH (essential)
• Working knowledge of EU Biocide Product Regulation, Cosmetic Regulations, Medical Devices or Food Contact Regulation (desirable)
• Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences (desirable)
• Track record of line management experience (desirable)
• Strongly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a global team (essential)
If you are interested, please apply with your CV here or contact George at CY Partners.