Scale up Chemist (Kilo Lab)
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit two Kilo Lab Scale up Chemists on behalf of a growing, Newcastle upon Tyne based Pharmaceutical CDMO. These roles are permanent and day shift based and a fantastic opportunity for somebody with prior GMP experience to advance their career in this sector.
- Operate 10 and 20 L vessel streams according to PRS instructions
- Appropriately maintain the equipment in accordance with SOPs
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within manufacturing areas
- Report deviations in a timely manner and actively participate in investigations
- Manage raw materials and intermediates required for the process, including inventory checks
- Participate in Design Qualification meetings and risk assessments for processes to be performed in the 10 and 20 L vessel streams
- Recommend processing improvements based upon experience from manufacturing campaigns
- Perform laboratory work to support production, such as raw material use tests
- Perform laboratory scale cGMP manufacture, such as seed preparation
- When required, assist development chemists with laboratory work
- Master’s degree in chemistry or related or equivalent experience.
- Ideally, experience in cGMP environments
- Good verbal communications skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Strong practical chemistry skills
If you are interested in applying to this role or would like further information please feel free to contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.